During the course, student teams implement a software product, or add new features to an existing application. Team size is usually 6 or 7 team members. Depending on the project, team can work about 800-900 hours for the project. It is required that customer collaborates with the team during the project and participates at least in all important meetings (Project plan inspection, sprint reviews, final meeting).
The projects starts twice every year (end of August, beginning of January).
Schedule for project proposals (Spring 2023 course)
- 09.01.2023 Deadline for project proposals. Send the proposal in .pdf format to Tero Ahtee (tero.ahtee at tuni.fi) and Timo Poranen (timo.poranen at tuni.fi).
- 10.01.2023 Project proposals are published in course’s Moodle forum (only students can see the proposals) and students select their projects. Project names are listed on Current projects page.
- 12.01.2023 (Thursday), starting at 14.15, customers can shortly present (max. 5 min) their project topics and students can ask questions (orally or in chat).
- Zoom link: https://tuni.zoom.us/j/68218105237 (waiting room is used).
- Presentation order is the same as projects are listed on Current projects page (see section 2023 Spring proposed projects).
- Presentations are voluntary for customers, so your presentation slot just will be skipped if there is no presentation. Also, minor changes to the presentation order are possible, and if needed, in the end there is some extra time available.
- The course is supposed to have over 100 students.
- Interested project groups contact customer and ask more about the project. Customers are encouraged to answer quickly group’s questions.
- If more that one group contacts customer, the customer can decide whether to take one or more groups for the same topic. However, the customer can select only one group for the topic.
- Latest by 23.01.2023 groups are formed and projects start. Groups contact customer.
Schedule for project proposals (autumn 2023 course)
- Comes later.