NEW (at 21.10, 6th April) ! Since the examinations had to be cancelled, one substitutes the examination by writing an essay from one of the given topics. The instructions are given here:
The essay has to be sent no later than on the 20th May to Martti Juhola.
Machine learning algorithms are presented. Their use to build computational models are described.
- Advanced study course, 5 ECTS
- 12 lectures (24 h), Martti Juhola
- 5 weekly exercise times (10 h), Jyrki Rasku
- Additional scores: when one makes more of all weekly exercises than 30%, additional scores [0,5] are given as follows: ≥30% 0, ≥41% 1, ≥52% 2, ≥63% 3, ≥74% 4, ≥85% 5
- To pass the course: (1) at least 30% of weekly exercises have to be made and (2) the examination with scores of 12 or more from [0,30]
Matlab is used for exercises.
To load Matlab you first need an activation code and obtaining this may take time. (You also need a TAU account.) To be done via the following link, but if no more valid, search for from IT services of TAU: